It is the responsibility of the person who is hiring the equipment to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the equipment.
Please ensure that the following safety instructions are followed:
1. NO adult should use any of the equipment that is provided solely for the use of children.
2. In the case of children’s bouncy castle hires, a responsible person over the age of 18 must supervise the equipment at ALL times. This person must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
3. You must adhere to the guidelines regarding the number of people allowed on the equipment at any one time. You will be told how many people may use it at once, and you can also find this information printed on the inflatable.
4. No food, drinks or chewing gum to be consumed on or near the equipment – This is to avoid choking and mess (Please note if the equipment is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning charge)
5. Ensure that no person with a history of heart, neck or back problems, high blood pressure or joint or bone weakness uses the equipment. Also any person who feels unwell should be removed immediately.
6. If you are hiring the Disco Dome, please be aware that this item has flashing lights. The hirer is responsible for the health and safety of the user. Danger of epileptic fit or injury/damage for people with sensitive vision should be assessed before use.
7. The sound system for the Disco Dome will be set up for you and you will be told how to use it. Ensure that no one touches the speaker as it could result in damages that you will be charged for.
8. If you are hiring a soft play set, do not sit or place children on the soft play shapes as they could fall off.
9. No person wearing high heeled shoes or any other type of shoe is to stand on the play mats provided with the soft play sets. Any heel marks will result in the hirer being charged for replacement mats.
10. If you are hiring a ball pond, please ensure that the balls are not thrown as this can lead to them being damaged or lost. All balls must be in the ball pond when we come to collect it.
11. All shoes, glasses, jewellery and badges MUST be removed before using the equipment.
12. Absolutely NO face paints, party poppers, coloured streamers, silly string or water (hoses, water pistols, etc) to be used either on or near the equipment.
13. NO SMOKING, fireworks, bonfires or barbecues near the equipment.
14. Climbing, hanging or sitting on the walls of inflatables is dangerous and must not be allowed.
15. Don’t allow children to push each other, collide, fight, wrestle, somersault or behave in any other way that is likely to cause injury or damage the equipment.
16. Do not allow anyone to bounce on the front safety step. It is there to assist users getting on or off the inflatable – bouncing on it could result in injury.
17. No pets, toys or sharp instruments to be allowed on or near the equipment.
18. Do not allow anyone to be on the inflatable during inflation or deflation as this is very dangerous. Furthermore, never switch the blower on or off when the inflatable is in use.
19. If the inflatable becomes wet, it should not be used as it will be extremely slippery and could lead to injury.
20. In the event of rain, all users must come off the inflatable but leave it inflated. After rain showers, any wetness, including bubbling (which is normal) can be dried with a towel. Please ensure it is completely dry before using it again.
21. In the event that the blower stops working, ensure ALL users exit the inflatable immediately. Make sure the blower tube has not come loose, the deflation zips are still closed and that nothing is obstructing the blower. Failing all this, please contact us for possible further assistance.
22. Only use electrical equipment that we have supplied you, as we have ensured that it meets all health and safety guidelines.
23. Do not allow any person to interfere, adjust or repair any electrical item, even if qualified to do so. This may result in an additional cost for the replacement or repair of damaged parts.
24. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure there is adequate access in order to deliver, set up and collect the equipment.
25. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the area where the equipment is to be set up is clear (eg. no garden furniture), free from dog/other animal mess, there are no over hanging branches and the grass is not too long (if any). This can cause delays to other deliveries and you may be charged extra for this (£40 for up to half an hour, and another £40 for every extra half hour).
26. It is the responsibility of the hirer to arrange supervision of the children during setting up and packing away of the equipment. Do not allow the children to touch the equipment during setting up and packing away. Carla’s Castles can not be held responsible for children getting hurt on our equipment during setting up and packing away.
27. A non-refundable booking fee of 25% of the total amount is payable upon booking. Payment instructions are included in the confirmation email and you will have 24 hours to pay the booking fee. Failing to do so will result in the booking being cancelled. The remaining balance must be transferred the day before the event. Should you wish to move your booking to another date, we can transfer the booking fee across to the new date.
28. We reserve the right to refuse hire if the hirer or venue is deemed to be unsuitable by us.
29. It is the responsibility of the hirer to check that the equipment will fit inside the venue. Unfortunately we cannot issue a refund if we arrive at the venue to find that the equipment will not fit. All measurements can be found on our website and if you are unsure please check with the venue you have hired.
Please note that all persons using the equipment do so at their own risk.
The person/s or organisation hiring the equipment will be responsible/liable
for any damage or injury occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use.
These guidelines are for the safety of all people using the equipment, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are fully adhered to at all times.
Carla’s Castles cannot accept any responsibility for any injury caused to anyone
using the equipment.